"Pilot" is the 1st episode of Devious Maids. The women turn to one another for support when their friend and fellow maid Flora is brutally murdered at the home of her employers, Evelyn and Adrian Powell, at one of the largest society events of the year. Meanwhile, newcomer Marisol is hired to clean the home of Taylor and Michael Stappord, a newlywed couple with a complicated love history. But Marisol has ulterior motives and when someone she loves becomes wrapped up in Flora's murder, she goes undercover to learn the truth.
"Grime and Punishment" is the 49th episode of Devious Maids, as well as its fourth season's finale. Zoila discovers a huge secret that finally helps Rosie get to the truth about Peri’s murder. Carmen and Danni find themselves in a dangerous situation. Genevieve makes a new friend and Marisol attempts to get closure with Peter. Adrian has big news to share, bringing Evelyn one step closer to finalizing the divorce she’s always wanted.
Peri Westmore is one of the main characters of Devious Maids. A wretched woman who cares about no one but herself, Peri got to where she did in life on the back of a great tragedy. Having everything wasn't enough for her though, which is exactly what drove her husband into the arms of their maid. Hurt and humiliated by this, Peri spent years exacting revenge in more ways than one, from destroying his public image to preventing him from seeing their son, even going as far as to try brainwashing him. Despite countless devious acts against her husband, and others, her overdue demise was actually delivered at the helm of her wanting to do something good, and protect girls who have suffered like she has.
Lives are changed forever following the explosion at the Powell mansion.
Did You Know..?
- Marisol's storyline for the fifth season was intended to reveal that she had faked her kidnapping due to events tying to a much bigger mystery that involved new characters and secrets.
- When planning the third season, new characters by the names of "Jeffery" and "Abby Parker" had been conceived. This was changed, however, when the idea was pitched to bring back the Stappords for the storyline instead.
- Marc Cherry had originally intended for Genevieve to have killed Flora, but this was changed when Susan Lucci was cast in the role.
- According to "Totally Clean", Philippe's favorite flowers are dahlias.
About Devious Maids
Devious Maids is a show about Beverly Hills maids who have to juggle their own ambitions and dreams with the demands of their rich employers. Marisol finds herself acting as a support system to Evelyn in the wake of a big life change. Meanwhile, Rosie's positive and sunny disposition leaves much to be desired by her new boss, Genevieve who is acclimating to a household without Zoila's honest and acerbic humor. Carmen continues to pursue her singing career until her cousin Daniela comes to town and shakes things up. Marisol also finds herself in a new relationship, which eventually becomes a complicated triangle when her old flame Jesse reappears.
Poor people have organs. Rich people need them. Why must the government always stand in the way of the small businessman?
|Genevieve Delatour, "The Visit"|
BlogsSee more >
Where Are They Now?
If you miss the Devious Maids cast, check them out in their current projects:
- Judy Reyes (Zoila Diaz) has landed a main role in TNT's Claws as Quiet Ann.
- Grant Show (Spence Westmore) has landed a main role in the The CW's reboot of the 1980s soap opera, Dynasty as the new iteration of Blake Carrington.
- Roselyn Sanchez (Carmen Luna) will star as Gigi Cardenas in the upcoming ABC series, Grand Hotel, based on Spain's Gran Hotel.
- Dania Ramirez (Rosie Westmore) will star as Hannah in the upcoming CBS All Access series, Tell Me a Story, a psychological thriller based on the Mexican television series Habia una vez.
What did you think of "Grime and Punishment"?
What did you think of "Much Ado About Buffing"?
10 people (83.33%) said "Amazing".
What unresolved story are you most excited to see continued?
Which Season 4 episode is the best so far?
7 people (46.67%) said "A Time to Spill".