"Pilot" is the 1st episode of Devious Maids. The women turn to one another for support when their friend and fellow maid Flora is brutally murdered at the home of her employers, Evelyn and Adrian Powell, at one of the largest society events of the year. Meanwhile, newcomer Marisol is hired to clean the home of Taylor and Michael Stappord, a newlywed couple with a complicated love history. But Marisol has ulterior motives and when someone she loves becomes wrapped up in Flora's murder, she goes undercover to learn the truth.
"Grime and Punishment" is the 49th episode of Devious Maids, as well as its fourth season's finale. Zoila discovers a huge secret that finally helps Rosie get to the truth about Peri’s murder. Carmen and Danni find themselves in a dangerous situation. Genevieve makes a new friend and Marisol attempts to get closure with Peter. Adrian has big news to share, bringing Evelyn one step closer to finalizing the divorce she’s always wanted.
Peri Westmore is one of the main characters of Devious Maids. A wretched woman who cares about no one but herself, Peri got to where she did in life on the back of a great tragedy. Having everything wasn't enough for her though, which is exactly what drove her husband into the arms of their maid. Hurt and humiliated by this, Peri spent years exacting revenge in more ways than one, from destroying his public image to preventing him from seeing their son, even going as far as to try brainwashing him. Despite countless devious acts against her husband, and others, her overdue demise was actually delivered at the helm of her wanting to do something good, and protect girls who have suffered like she has.
Lives are changed forever following the explosion at the Powell mansion.
Did You Know..?
- Roselyn Sanchez cameoed in the series' finale of Desperate Housewives as Carmen, the gardener, as a nod to Devious Maids.
- In an early script for the series' pilot, Remi and Genevieve's surname was "Delacourt".
- In the ABC pilot for the series, Sam was played by McKinley Freeman. He was originally supposed to be Carmen's boyfriend, but when her entire story was re-written for the Lifetime pilot, he was made into Alejandro's butler who had a crush on his co-worker.
- Shannon Greene was originally written to be Peri's younger sister before Katherine LaNasa was cast.
About Devious Maids
Devious Maids is a show about Beverly Hills maids who have to juggle their own ambitions and dreams with the demands of their rich employers. Marisol finds herself acting as a support system to Evelyn in the wake of a big life change. Meanwhile, Rosie's positive and sunny disposition leaves much to be desired by her new boss, Genevieve who is acclimating to a household without Zoila's honest and acerbic humor. Carmen continues to pursue her singing career until her cousin Daniela comes to town and shakes things up. Marisol also finds herself in a new relationship, which eventually becomes a complicated triangle when her old flame Jesse reappears.
Yes, I had a maid who was murdered, but that means the odds of you being killed are practically nil.
|Evelyn Powell, "Taking a Message"|
BlogsSee more >
Where Are They Now?
If you miss the Devious Maids cast, check them out in their new projects:
- Judy Reyes (Zoila Diaz) has landed a main role in TNT's Claws as Quiet Ann.
- Dania Ramirez (Rosie Westmore) has joined the cast of ABC's Once Upon a Time as a new iteration of Cinderella.
- Grant Show (Spence Westmore) has landed a main role in the The CW's reboot of the 1980s soap opera, Dynasty as the new iteration of Blake Carrington.
What did you think of "Grime and Punishment"?
What did you think of "Much Ado About Buffing"?
10 people (83.33%) said "Amazing".
What unresolved story are you most excited to see continued?
Which Season 4 episode is the best so far?
7 people (46.67%) said "A Time to Spill".